Now with full-color illustrations, this easy-to-follow text takes the vast subject of physiology and focuses on concepts most important to the practice of veterinary medicine. It includes coverage of physiopathology and clinical problem-solving techniques, making this a practical resource for any practice. The book’s logical, body-system organization makes it easy to find specific information. This edition includes a new chapter on cancer and a new section on the immune system.
- Expanded information on diabetes mellitus includes the culmination of diabetes, diabetic ketoacidosis, and dietary management of Type 2 diabetes in cats.
- Clinical Correlations boxes – increased by 25% in this edition – show how principles and concepts of physiology may be applied to the diagnosis and treatment of veterinary patients.
- Summaries of essential points open each chapter, introducing new concepts and helping you prepare for examinations.
- Practice questions on the Evolve website make it easy to review for examinations or practice by taking sample exams.
- Cancer and Cell Cycle Control chapter describes the malfunction of the cell involved in neoplasia, essential background to diagnosing and treating cancer in pets.
- Immune Function section covers the normal function of the immune system and how it may be affected by autoimmune and immunodeficiency disorders, leading to several types of diseases.