TO: All students wondering “Can I get into my dream college?”
CC: All parents wondering “Can we afford it?”
FROM: Educational consultant Kristin M. White
MEMO: COLLEGE RANKINGS DON’T MATTER. This claim might sound crazy, but it’s true: Research shows that where you go to school makes little difference to future financial success or quality of life—personal qualities such as ambition, perseverance, and a sense of purpose are all more important.
Kristin M. White has helped hundreds of parents and students look beyond the dream-school hype and focus on what’s most important. Now, in It’s the Student, Not the College, she shows how to avoid unrepayable debt and set yourself up to grow, excel, and enjoy yourself at any school.
Instead of obsessing over GPA cutoffs and SAT scores, students will learn how to build a personal “Success Profile”—by adopting the traits that help stellar students make the grade in school and life. Plus . . .
- Why what you do in school counts more than where you go
- 14 surefire ways to develop your Success Profile as a student and beyond
- Criteria to consider when choosing a college
- How to find a good fit for your family’s finances
- And tips for graduating career-ready and landing a great first job.